May 05, 2011

In the Middle

She's been going through a bit of a rough patch lately. We think it's because she's acquired a new brother recently, and she's no longer the baby. Don't get me wrong, she LOVES her brother (a little too much at times!), what she doesn't love is not having my undivided attention any time she wants it.


So she yells. She throws fits. She tells me, "No, I WON'T!" She has frequent melt-downs. She pouts.


It's been a little bit rough for Mommy too. How do you choose between which of your crying babies to attend to first? (Seriously. How do you? It breaks my heart a little every time I have to choose.)


But I think maybe, just maybe, we're starting to slowly come out of it. I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. She's starting to play with her sister again instead of just constantly following me around hanging on my leg and whining. It's made me so happy I could cry the last couple of days, to see those two playing together again. (Or maybe that's just still the baby hormones. Who knows.)


She's such a sweetheart. And she's hilarious. She is definitely the comedian around here. And after missing all that sweetness and comedy for three long months, I'm very happy to welcome it back.

2 comments: