May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I love my Mom. I wanted to write some eloquent, heartfelt little bit about how much I love her but I've been sitting here staring at the screen for a long time. I guess I have a hard time being too mushy in public. But she's the best. Always has been, even when I might not have appreciated it around the age of 12 or 13 or so. I sure do appreciate it now though. She's always there for me/us. Isn't that what everyone says about their mom on mother's day? Well, it's true. Really true. I'm finding it's a pretty neat thing to go from just calling her Mom, to being able to call her friend too.

Mom, my sister Katie, and I after church this morning.

And also, I love being a mom. I've always wanted to be one (I guess my mom made it look pretty good!), but I really had no idea what it would be like. It's so much harder than I ever imagined it would be, and sometimes I get pretty overwhelmed by the fact that there is no down time for me mentally. Even when I get away for an hour or two, they're still all I think and worry about. But, I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world, even a peaceful night's sleep. And just look at them and their cuteness! Need I say more?

K, E, A and I in front of our new house this afternoon. Right before K tried to sit down on my knee and I almost fell in the dirt.

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate my mom so much more now that I am a mom, and I agree--it's the hardest job but I am so blessed! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, love you, love your whole beautiful family. You're one of the best mommas I know. How's that for mushy? :)

    ReplyDelete